Join Pak Army through DSSC
Join Pakistan Army through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC). Candidates can join Pak Army in different fields of branches like mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, English, Political Science, and History.
More branches are Islamic Studies/ Arabic, Management Science, Geography or GIS, ICTOs, Aeronautical Engineering, Psychologists and DVM. Candidate must have Master degree.
Students who wish to apply through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC), they can find all procedure for online registration, and procedure here.
Moreover, they can find all types of Intelligence Tests including Verbal Intelligence tests and Non Verbal Intelligence Tests, and academic tests related to their subject concerned are given.
Current Advertisement of DSSC - 2023
Current advertisement of Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is given below which is started from 12 June, 2023 and will end on 30 June, 2023. After last date of online registration, no candidate will be entertained.
If you want to join Pak Army through Direct Short Service Commission then read this page carefully regarding all criteria and academic tests with complete online registration procedure.
Join Pak Army as a Captain: DSSC – Advertisement 2023
Criteria & Procedure of DSSC
Basic pre-requisites of DSSC
Gender : Male (Married / Unmarried)
Age: 28 Years (For Serving VASs of RV&FC 21-35 years)
Category and Qualification
Army Education Corps (AEC)
MA/ MSc/ BS (4 Years) Education in the following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- Islamic Studies / Arabic
- Management Science
- Geography / GIS
Corps of Ordinance (Ord)
- BE / BSc Metallurgy Engg
- MSc Psychology
Corps of Remount Veterinary and Farms Officer (RV &FC)
- DVM or Equivalent Degree Registered with PVMC
- MSc (Hons) / M.Phil (In relevant disciplines) will be given preference
Academic Prerequisites of DSSC
- Minimum 60% marks in annual system or 2.5 CGPA in science subjects and 50% marks or 2.0 CGPA in Arts Subjects from HEC recognized university as a regular student.
- Minimum CGPA 2 out of 4 or 50% marks in annual system for Psychology.
- No 3rd Division throughout the academic career i.e., Matric to MA / MSc/ BS.
- PhD will be given preference.
- Candidates only graduated from HEC recognized universities or foreign universities recognized by HEC are eligible.
- Candidate must have attained the entire education (Matric till MA/ MSc/ BS) as a regular student.
Citizen of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit Baltistan. Upon final selection, candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.
In-Eligibility Conditions of DSSC
- A candidate who has been twice “Not Recommended” by ISSB for PMA / Graduate course or Equivalent Naval / PAF courses, however, third chance to appear for commission in AEC is given.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board.
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (Appeal Medical Board cannot be requested).
- Declared unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board. However, PAF candidates who get medically unfit for flying but fit for ground branches can undergo routine medical examination as normal candidates if they are desirous to join other arms.
- Tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance in ISSB except candidates granted waiver by DGPA. However, bar of 120 days will not be applicable to candidates appearing in post Graduate GHQ / NHQ/ AHQ based selection board.
- Withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college / institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Dismissed / removed / debarred from Govt. Services including Armed Forces.
- Convicted in a Court of law in Criminal Proceedings.
Registration and Preliminary Selection Procedure for DSSC
- Candidates can register either through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centers (AS & RCs). Following procedure will be adopted:
Registration through Internet:
A candidate can register on website https://www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk . Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet for which the individual should have an E-mail account. Candidates will report an exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip.
Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned “Documents Required at Army Selection & Recruitment Centre (AS&SC)” and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
Registration at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres:
- Candidates may report at nearest Army Selection and Recruitment Centres for registration / allotment of roll number along with necessary documents (Mentioned in advertisement) and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. Candidates will bring these on the day of test as well.
Preliminary Selection in DSSC
- Academic / Intelligence Tests : Academic / Intelligence tests based on multiple choice questions will be conducted at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (Intelligence Tests [Verbal Intelligence Tests + Non-Verbal Intelligence Tests] + Academic Test related to your Subject).
- Preliminary Medical Tests: Candidates will undergo initial medical test at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres.
- Physical Tests: candidates are required to qualify following physical tests:
- 1.6 KM Run ———- 9 Minutes
- Push Ups————- 10 Repetitions in 2 Minutes
- Sit ups —————- 10 Repetitions in 2 Minutes
- Chin Ups ————- 2 Repetitions in 2 Minutes
- Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB): Shortlisted candidates will receive information for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letters. (For ISSB Guidance CLICK HERE)
Further Selection Procedure
- Detailed medical examination of candidates recommended by the Inter Service Selection Board (ISSB) will be carried out a nearby Combined Military Hospitals (CMHs). Candidates who are recommended by Inter Service Selection Board at Rawalpindi.
- Final selection will be made at General Headquarters (GHQ) on the basis of candidates overall performance.
- Training Duration : 6 Months
Documents Required at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres for DSSC
- Original certificates / detailed mark sheets along with two attested photocopies of each educational certificate / degree/ diploma.
- Candidates serving in government Institutions / Departments will render No Objection Certificate (NOC) of the concerned establishment.
- Attested photo copy of domicile.
- Photocopies of computerized National Identity Card.
- 6 x colored photos duly attested (Front & Back)
- Cross postal order of Rs. 100.00 in favor of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), General Headquarters (GHQ) Rawalpindi.
- Candidates must bring their degrees duly verified by HEC / PEC.
Endorsement Application Forms
- While filling the application forms given by the Army Selection and Recruitment Centre to successful candidate must ensure that all available information asked the endorsed in the respective paragraphs / columns and no column should be left blank.
- Note: Old National Identity Card will not be accepted.
- Bond: Finally selected candidates will be required to sign a bond to serve the Army for a minimum period of 7 years. The applicability of bond will commence on successful completion of basic Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul.
Do practice of Online Quizzes if you want to join Pak Defence Forces. Practice makes a man perfect. Do your hard work and believe in Allah. May Allah bless you with happiness and success.
Online Intelligence Tests of DSSC
Note: For detail understanding about Verbal and Non-Verbal Tests, subscribe our YouTube Channel of “Shaheen Forces Academy“ and moreover install our mobile app of “Shaheen Forces Academy“ for online practice and Notes of different subject.
Complete notes of ISSB are also available in Mobile app. In case of any query, contact at Skype.