Introduction of Pakistan Air Force Ranks
- Pakistan Air Force ranks and approximate salary is given here. PAF ranks have been followed to the Ranks and Insignia of British Air Force. But after 2006, these ranks have been decided to follow pattern of Turkish Air Force.
- Pakistan Air Force is very powerful Air Force of the world who has this Moto, “A Symbol of Pride for the Nation”.
Monogram of PAF which is highly esteemed and respected for the Nation is given here.
Pakistan Air Force is being considered as one of the most powerful and highly technical efficient in her performance. Its main task is to protect the aerial attacks of the enemy.
Pakistan Air Force Ranks have been divided into three main streams, i.e., Officers, Airman/ Airwoman, and Civilians.
- Pakistan Air Force Ranks of Officers
- Pakistan Air Force Ranks of Airman / Airwoman
- Pakistan Air Force Ranks of Civilians
Pakistan Air Force Ranks (Officers)
Pakistan Air Force Ranks starts from Pilot Officer and Ends at Marshal of Air Force. Sequence of PAF Officers ranks are given below:
- Pilot Officer
- Flying Officer
- Flight Lieutenant
- Squadron Leader
- Wing Commander
- Group Captain
- Air Commodore (*)
- Air Vice Marshal (**)
- Air Marshal (***)
- Air Chief Marshal (****)
- Marshal of Air Force (*****)
See Pakistan Army Ranks at: Click Here
Pakistan Air Force Ranks of Officers (Old Pattern)
Pakistan Air Force Ranks of Officers (New Pattern)
Pakistan Air Force Ranks of Officers -Salary & Main role in PAF
1. Pilot Officer
- This is first and the lowest rank of PAF Officer when they pass out from Pakistan Air Force Academy, Risalpur. During training they just wear white badge shoulder rank as a cadet.
- The rank of Pilot Officer is equal to Second Lieutenant of Pak Army and Midshipman in Pak Navy.
- Basic pay scale of Pilot Offier is equal to BPS-17 and salary in this rank is almost more than Rs. 60,000/-.
- Basic duties are involved at this rank where an officer gain experience and knowledge for becoming more efficient in performance.
2. Flying Officer
- Flying Officer is the Second rank in Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is given to the Officer after qualifying some promotion tests of Flying Officer.
- Basic pay scale of Flying Officer comes under BPS-17 and this rank is equal to the rank of Lieutenant in Pak Army and Sub-Lieutenant in Pak Navy.
- Flying Officer is just an Officer rank. It does not mean that every Flying Officer fly jet fighter aircraft. Flying Officer who apply in GD (P) branch of Pakistan Air Force can fly fighter Airraft or aviation planes.
3. Flight Lieutenant
- Flight Lieutenant rank is the 3rd rank in the Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is equal to the rank of Captain Rank of Pak Army and Lieutenant in Pak Navy.
- Basic pay scale of Flight Lieutenant Rank is in BPS-17. Salary of this rank officer is more than 70,000 Pakistani rupees.
4. Squadron Leader
- Squadron Leader is the fourth rank of Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is equal to the rank of Major in Pak Army, and Lieutenant Commander in Pakistan Navy.
- Basic pay scale of Squadron Leader is BPS-18 and salary remains more than 80,000 Pakistani rupees.
- Duties and responsibilities of a Squadron Leader may be different as per branch and base.
5. Wing Commander
- Wing Commander rank is the 5th rank in Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is equal to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel of Pak Army and Commander in Pak Navy.
- Basic pay scale of this rank is BPS-18 and salary remains more than 80,000 Pakistani Rupees.
- Rank of Wing Commander in PAF is equal to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel of Pak Army and Commander in Pak Navy.
- Normally, a flying squadron is commanded by a Wing Commander who supervise the whole squadron. He also supervise some units also. Wing Commander normally acts as Officer Commanding of the base regarding administration of the PAF Base.
6. Group Captain
- Group Captain rank is the 6th rank in Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is equal to the rank of Colonel of Pak Army and Captain in Pakistan navy.
- Basic pay scale of Wing Commander is BPS-19 and salary becomes more than one Lac in Pakistani Rupees.
Air Ranks of Pakistan Air Force and Salary
7. Air Commodore (⭐)
- Air Commodore rank is also called one star Officer. His rank Officer generally does command of the overall one PAF Base. He has to look after all operational as well as administrative matter of the whole PAF base.
- Basic pay scale of Air Commodore is BPS-20 and get salary of more than 150K. The rank of Air Commodore is equal to the rank of Brigadier in Pak Army and Commodore in Pak Navy.
8. Air Vice Marshal (⭐⭐)
- Air Vice Marshal Rank is the 8th rank in Pakistan Air Force Ranks. Pakistan Air Force has been divided as per Pakistan three zones i.e., Southern, Central and Northern. Each zone is commanded by one Air Vice Marshal rank Officer.
- Basic duties of this rank Officer is to pass the instructions to all PAF bases under his command. His main role is to assist Chief of Air Staff regarding PAF updates.
- Basic Pay scale of this rank is BPS-20. Salary of this rank is more than 200K. The rank of Air Vice Marshal is equal to the rank of Major General in Pak Army and Rear Admiral of Pak Navy.
9. Air Marshal (⭐⭐⭐)
- The rank of Air Marshal is the 9th rank of Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is considers in Air Ranks of PAF. Officer if this rank is also called three stars officer. This is also a senior position and mostly this position occupies by the fighter pilots on the basis of their performance and remarkable history.
- Basic pay scale comes under BPS-21 and salary is more than 200K. The rank of Air Marshal is equal to the rank of Lieutenant General in Pak Army and Vice Admiral in Pak Navy.
10. Air Chief Marshal (⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Air Chief Marshal is the second last highest rank in the Pakistan Air Force ranks and also called four stars officer. This ranks is also called four stars rank officer.
- Basic pay scale is BPS-22 and called apex of the Pakistan Air Force Ranks. This rank is equal to the rank of General in Pak Army and Admiral in Pak Navy.
- This rank is normally highest rank of the Pakistan Air Force in which most of the Officer served as a Chief of Air Staff of the Pakistan Air Force.
11. Marshal of Air Force (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Marshal of the Air Force is the peak rank of Pakistan Air Force Ranks and still nobody has reached till this rank.
- Basic pay scale of this rank is BPS-22 and salary is more than 400K. This rank is equal to the rank of Field Marshal in Pak Army and Admiral of the Fleet of Pak navy.
Pakistan Air Force Ranks (Airman / Airwoman) and Salary
Other than commissioned Officers, Airman / Airwoman ranks are the lower ranks in Pakistan Air Force. Basic scales of Airman / Airwoman ranks start from BPS -7 to BPS -16.
Airman / Airwoman who have BPS-7 to BPS-13 are being considered under Non Commissioned Officers Ranks and from BPS-14 to BPS-16 are being considered in Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) Ranks of Pakistan Air Force.
Following Airman / Airwoman ranks of Pakistan Air Force uniform personnel are enlisted below;
Non Commissioned Officers Ranks
- Leading Aircraftman
- Senior Aircraftman
- Junior Technician
- Corporal Technician
- Senior Technician
- Chief Technician
Junior Commissioned Officers Ranks
- Assistant Warrant Officer
- Warrant Officer
- Chief Warrant Officer
Detail description about role and responsibilities of each rank is given below.
Pakistan Air Force Ranks and Salary of Airman / Airwoman
List of Airman / Airwoman Ranks
Airman / Airwoman also have been considered in the proper uniform personnel of Pakistan Air Force. Overall, all Airman are being considered in non-Commissioned Officers but after the rank of Chief Technician, last three ranks including Assistant Warrant Officer, Warrant Officer and Chief Warrant Officer are taken into Junior Commissioned Ranks of Pakistan Air Force.
After initial tests which are held at PAF Recruitment and Selection Centre, the enrolled trainees get their initial training at Pre Trade Training School, Kohat. Then, trainees are sent to the PAF base Korangi Creek.
PAF Base Korangi Creek is now famous for Airman Academy where trainees are given advance training and knowledge about particular trades so that an airman may work in the different fields with more efficient way. Some trade training is given at PAF base Kohat, some at PAB base Peshawar, some at PAF Masroor, and some at PAF Base Noor Khan.
Following ranks and salary are being awarded after enrollment in Pakistan Air Force;
List of Airman / Airwoman Ranks and Salary
- When trainee takes necessary documents from concerned Recruitment and Selection Centre where he / she appears in different qualifying tests and report to Pre Trade Training School, then during training a trainee is awarded with the rank of “Aircraftman”.
- Basic pay scale of an Aircraftman is BPS-7 and his salary starts from 30,000 Pakistani Rupees. This rank is same as in the Army as a Soldier and in the Pak Navy as a Sailor trainee.
2. Leading Aircraftman
- Although this is second rank but after passing out from trade training some trainees get the rank of “Leading Aircraftman”. This rank is awarded in some Aero Support trades. Rank is represented with two propellers.
- After giving qualifying examinations at the bases, the next rank is being awarded on their promotion.
- Basic pay scale of this rank is BPS-8 and salary is about more than 30,000 Pakistani Rupees.
3. Senior Aircraftman
- In Pakistan Air Force, mostly this is considered as the first rank in Pakistan Air Force where an Airman feel pride to become a proper Airman / Airwoman.
- This rank is awarded directly just after the trade training in mostly Aero Technician trades and some Aero Support Trades.
- Basic Pay Scale is BPS-09 in this rank and salary starts from 35000 Pakistani Rupees. This rank is generally equal to the Sailor of Pak navy and a Soldier in Pak Army.
4. Junior Technician
- The rank of Junior Technician is the forth rank in Pakistan Air Force ranks bur generally stands at second position after trade training.
- This rank is being awarded after qualifying 5th and 7th level of OJT (On the Job Training) which is given at the present section of the concerned trade by the seniors.
- Basic pay scale for this rank is BPS-10 and salary in this ranks starts more than 35000 Pakistan Rupees. Minimum requirements to serve in this rank is almost 4 years including training period.
5. Corporal Technician
- Overall this fifth rank in Pakistan Air Force Ranks but it is achieved after a long strungle and qualifying a tough test. This rank is just after Junior Technician.
- Basic pay scale for Corporal Technician is BPS-11 and salary under this rank is more than 40,000 Pakistani rupees.
- This rank is equal to the NCO of Army or we can say Naik in Pak Army and Leading Seaman in Pak Navy.
6. Senior Technician
- Rank of Senior Technician is almost senior personnel of Pakistan Air Force. They are being considered as the co assistant of the JCOs because they remain directly answerable to their immediate JCOs.
- Basic pay scale of Senior Technician is BPS-12 and they get pay more than 60,000 Pakistani rupees.
- Rank of Senior Technician is equal to Havaldar in Pak Army.
7. Chief Technician
- The rank of Chief Technician was equal to the rank of Assistant Warrant Officer, but now this rank is separately considered. In this rank, the person is not allowed to receive salute from the junior and also not authorized to get some special allowances which is allowed in the next JCO rank.
- Basic pay scale of this rank is BPS-13 and salary is about more than 65000 Pakistani rupees.
Junior Commissioned Officers Ranks
8. Assistant Warrant Officer
- The rank of AWO (Assistant Warrant Officer) is being considered as the rank of Junior Commissioned Officer.
- Assistant Warrant Officer gets his pay according to BPS-14 scale and salary in this rank is almost more than 70000 Pakistani rupees.
- The rank of AWO is equal to the rank of Naib Subedar of Pak Army and Chief Petty Officer of Pak Navy.
- This rank is directly awarded to the personnel who come directly in Education Branch on the basis of Master in particular subjects.
9. Warrant Officer
- The rank of Warrant Officer (WO) is senior to the rank of AWO. He has more responsibilities than AWO. This rank is equal to the rank of Subedar in Pak Army and Chief Petty Officer in Pak Navy.
- Basic pay scale of this rank is BPS-15 and salary is almost more than 70000 Pakistani Rupees.
10. Chief Warrant Officer
- This is the highest rank in Junior Commissioned Officers. Or overall in Non Commissioned Officers of Pakistan Air Force.
- Mostly, this rank is given after 20 years of service when a person gets a lot of experience and showed extra performance in the organization.
- The rank of Chief Warrant Officer is equal to the rank of Subedar Major in Pak Army and Master Chief Petty Officer in Pak Navy.
Current Pak Forces Jobs-2023
- Check Army Jobs at: Join Pak Army as an Officer
- Check Army Jobs at: Join Pak Army as a Naib Khateeb
- Check Army Jobs at: Join Pak Army as a Soldier
- Check Navy Jobs at: Join Pak Navy as an Officer
- Check Navy Jobs at: Join Pak Navy as a Sailor
- Check Navy Jobs at: Join Pak Navy as a Civilian
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as an Officer
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as an Education Instructor / Religious Teacher
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as an Airman / Airwoman
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as a Civilian