Army Nursing Jobs
AFNS Stands for Armed Forces Nursing Services which is directly under Army Medical Command. Vacancies of Army Nursing Jobs usually come in the month of July of every year.
AFNS job has an active duty round the clock. Rank of the AFNS starts from general commissioned ranks of the Pak Army and their training is same as other army officer training is there in PMA. For more detail click on below links.
- Last Date of Registration: 30 June, 2023 (Date Extended upto 15 July, 2023)
- Join Facebook Group for Current Jobs and MCQs
Basic role of AFNS is just like other nurses in the military hospitals and civil as well. They perform their duties in normal as well as critical care. Those who want to join Pak Army as an AFNS and interested in nursing jobs then immediate apply.
Types of Nursing Job to Join Pak Army as a Commissioned Office
There are two types of Commission in AFNS i.e.,
- AFNS – BSc Nursing (Female)
- Trained Nurse as Lieutenant (Female)
Criteria of Nursing Job as an AFNS – BSc Nursing (Female)
- Age – 17 to 25 Years
- Marital Status – Female unmarried / Widow/ Separated/ Divorce without encumbrances
- Matric with Science (60% marks Minimum)
- Candidates for F.Sc (Pre-Medical) must have a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates appearing in F.Sc Part-II examination may apply with a HOPE certificate if they have 50% marks in 1st Year.
- Candidates should submit their F.Sc marks sheet immediately after Part-II results are declared. Training period is 4 years at AFPGMI Rawalpindi, CMH Lahore, CMH Kharian, CMH Multan, CMH Quetta and PNS Shifa Karachi.
Criteria of Nursing Job as a Trained Nurse, as Lieutenant
- Age – 18 to 28 Years
- Marital Status – Married / Unmarried
- Practical Nursing Diploma and Midwifery
- B.Sc (Genetic Nursing)
- Post (RN), B.Sc Nursing
- Candidates must be registered with the Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC)
- Priority will be given to certified post-basic specialized training courses i.e., ICU, OT, CCU etc from an Hospital or Institute that is recognized by PNC and who are aware of the care for patients.
- Six weeks of Fundamental Military Training AFPGMI Rawalpindi and CMH Kharian.
On completion of successful training, you will be awarded Commission with the .
- Citizens of Pakistan and residents of Azad Kashmir or Gilgit Baltistan. After the final selection, candidates who have dual nationality must quit their nationality other than Pakistani.
Physical Standards for Nursing Job to Join Pak Army
Ineligibility Conditions for Nursing Jobs in Army
- Candidates who have been twice rejected by the GHQ Selection Board,
- medically unfit by the Appeal Medical Board, or
- withdrawn/resigned/discharged from Armed Forces training academies/institutions on the ground of discipline, character, medical inefficiency, or weak profile are not eligible for BSc Nursing.
- Candidates who have been dismissed/removed from any other government service are also not eligible.
Procedure of Registration in Pak Army Nursing Jobs
There are two types of registration in Pak Army Nursing Jobs;
- Registration through Internet
- Registration at AS&RCs
1-Online Registration through Internet
- Registration may be done online through Internet ()
- The date and time of the test will be communicated to the individual’s email address.
- Candidates should report at the time and time specified for the preliminary examination on computerized roll number slips.
- Dates once announced is not subject to change.
- Candidates are also required to bring the documents mentioned below and will be required to pay a fee for prospectus at the time of the test.
- Candidates must be familiar with computer knowledge.
2-Registration at AS& RCs
Initial Tests of AFNS
Initial tests of AFNS in Army Nursing Jobs includes the following tests in which candidate has to pass the tests for the further medical examinations.
- In intelligence test, students have to undergo in an intelligence tests of 75/ 100 questions including Verbal Intelligence Tests & Non-Verbal Intelligence Tests. Time for total test is usually 30/ 40 minutes.
- Initial medical examination will be taken at the Army Selection & recruitment Centers. (Check your Weight HERE)
- After medical examination, successful candidates will give their final interview in front of GHQ Selection Board in Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Lahore, Multan, Karachi, and Quetta, for which separate call up letters will be sent.
Intelligence and Interview
Documents required at Army Selection Centers for AFNS
Candidates will bring the documents at AS&RCs as mentioned below:-
- Original certificates/documents/detailed marks sheets, and a 02 set of attested photocopies of each educational certificate/degree.
- Those candidates who are serving in Government’s institutions/Semi Gov-departments will submit No Objection Certificate (NOC) of the concerned establishment.
- Affidavit of photocopy of the address.
- Photographic copies of the electronic National Identity Card.
- 3 x Coloured photographs duly attested (front and back).
- A postal order for Rs. 100/- (cross-bordered) for the benefit the Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi.
- Old National Identity Card will not be accepted.
Salary of AFNS starts from 35000 Pakistani Rupees and continues as per rank and service.
Army Nursing Job can be obtained after F.Sc if candidate has nursing diploma. This is full time job of Pakistan Army.
There are two types of Nursing Jobs in Pak Army. One is AFNS Nursing female and second is Trained Nurse.
AFNS stands for Armed Forces Nursing Service. This is related to the Army Nurse corps and a part of nursing program.
- Basic duty of nursing female is to serve in Pak Army hospitals, CMH and any small medical unit where basic medical facilities are being provided to the Army personnel.
- This is best military nursing career who perform their duties with military personnel.
Purely AFNS is only for female. In AFNS, male cannot apply. Male has separate vacancies i.e., M Cadet as Medical Doctor and Nursing in Army Medical corps.
AFNS nursing jobs usually come in July of every year and continues for one month.
- Yes, Girls can join Pak Army as a commission officer and also as an AFNS for nursing jobs. Nursing care demands a much dedication which is held in females.
Yes, those females who apply in AFNS Nursing or for Trained Nurse they become commissioned Officers.
Age limit for military nursing is different. Like for AFNS Nursing, age limit is 17 to 25 years and for Trained Female Nurse, age limit is from 18 to 28 Years.
Admission for AFNS starts usually in July of every year.
Female whose age is 26 years, they can join Pak Army as a Trained Nurse, whose age limit is from 18 to 28 years.
- For joining Army Nursing, a candidate must have B.Sc nursing or nursing diploma with F.Sc. Registered nursing are always being preferred.
- Female whose age is 25 years, they can join AFNS Jobs.
For female, Nursing specialist is the best job and for male fields are open, they can join different branches in Pak Army as commissioned officer.
- Salary of AFNS starts from 35000 to onward. Every year it increases as per increment of the year or according to the budget increase. This is successful career path for the females.
- A female candidate can join Pak Army as a Nurse after F.Sc with Nursing diploma or having B.Sc degree in nursing. A nurse of Pak Army also has her worth in Washington DC as well as in the other countries of the world.
- Nursing job has different criteria like F.Sc pre medical and with Nursing diploma or having B.Sc nursing or B.Sc in genetic nursing.
Pictures of Nursing Uniform
Current Pak Forces Jobs-2023
- Check Army Jobs at: Join Pak Army as an Officer
- Check Army Jobs at: Join Pak Army as a Naib Khateeb
- Check Army Jobs at: Join Pak Army as a Soldier
- Check Navy Jobs at: Join Pak Navy as an Officer
- Check Navy Jobs at: Join Pak Navy as a Sailor
- Check Navy Jobs at: Join Pak Navy as a Civilian
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as an Officer
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as an Education Instructor / Religious Teacher
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as an Airman / Airwoman
- Check PAF Jobs at: Join Pak Air Force as a Civilian